From The Touchline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ESMS site for football supporters to manage a team on and chat about all things football and anything else that interests us.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cyprus vs. Italy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_For_Tonight

Just_For_Tonight

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Quote :
Reserve goalkeeper Marco Amelia left Italy's training camp Wednesday with a protruding disc in his back and will miss World Cup qualifiers against Cyprus and Georgia.

Starting goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and third-choice Morgan De Sanctis of Galatasaray remained, although coach Marcello Lippi was considering calling up a replacement.

The World Cup champions visit Cyprus on Saturday and host Georgia in Udine four days later.

Italy coach Marcello Lippi chose the squad for his first two official games Sunday as the team begins the campaign to defend the World Cup it won two years ago in Germany.

Italy will travel to play Cyprus on Saturday and then host Georgia on Sept. 10.

Lippi largely confirmed the team that took on Austria in a friendly two weeks ago, though he now has the services of Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni and Real Madrid defender Fabio Cannavaro, who sat out the last game due to light injuries.

Lippi did not call up Sampdoria forward Antonio Cassano, who played for Italy at the European Championship in June.

Toni will be joined in attack by Alessandro Del Piero and Vincenzo Iaquinta from Juventus, Alberto Gilardino of Fiorentina and Antonio Di Natale, who scored twice for Udinese in the first round of Serie A.

Cannavaro will anchor the defense with AC Milan's Gianluca Zambrotta.

Goalkeepers: Marco Amelia (Palermo), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Galatasaray)

Defenders: Andrea Barzagli (Wolfsburg), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Marco Cassetti (AS Roma), Andrea Dossena (Liverpool), Alessandro Gamberini (Fiorentina), Fabio Grosso (Lyon), Nicola Legrottaglie (Juventus), Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Alberto Aquilani (AS Roma), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan)

Forwards: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Luca Toni (Bayern Munich)
Back to top Go down
Just_For_Tonight

Just_For_Tonight

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Good game despite the constant cheating of Cyprus Rolling Eyes

Won 2-1 Di Natale got both the goals,if Cassetti wasn't so shit we would of won 2-0...all he had to fucking do was clear the ball from like half a yard from the line

Good assist by Camo at the end Very Happy

Toni shite as always seriously needs to be dropped

Overall not bad roll on when Chiellini is fit again!
Back to top Go down
saunders
Admin
saunders

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 pm

more exciting than england who were utter shite
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:02 am

The irony in that first sentence.
Back to top Go down
https://touchline.forumotion.net
Just_For_Tonight

Just_For_Tonight

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Mark wrote:
The irony in that first sentence.

If you watched the game you would know what I'm talking about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cyprus vs. Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus vs. Italy   Cyprus vs. Italy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyprus vs. Italy
Page 1 of 1